Pionier-Schütze (SK-Mann) Ferdinand Marijn VAN LAEKEN

Discussions on the foreigners (volunteers as well as conscripts) fighting in the German Wehrmacht, those collaborating with the Axis and other period Far Right organizations. Hosted by George Lepre.
Darth_Bjoris_1979

Pionier-Schütze (SK-Mann) Ferdinand Marijn VAN LAEKEN

Post by Darth_Bjoris_1979 » 01 Feb 2021 14:28

Pionier-Schütze (SK-Mann) Ferdinand Marijn VAN LAEKEN (°23/12/1911- †09/04/1943)
Professional soldier in the Belgian Army 2nd Regiment of Engineers, 12th Battalion 1st Company from 1931.
Enlisted on 19 October 1942 for the Organisation Todt O.B.L. (Ober-Bau-Leitung) Russia. Died fighting Bolshevism on April 9, 1943 in Mitte-Russia, according to the Volksbund he died in Deniskowitschi (Deniskovichi). He is buried in Baranovichi - Belarus.
Note: The corpse should been moved 133,222 km for burial??? Is this even possible?

Do you know if any Flemish unit of Organisation Todt came under fire on 09/04/1943? I do know that they had to deal with Partisans practically every day. Does anyone know how I can get the possible cause of death?

I have already been informed by the Belarusian authorities that there isn't a grave of him at Baranovichi. So that trail stops there as well.

You can send personally documents of him to: eenhartvoorhingene@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Björn Van Eetvelt
President of the Order of Hingene
www.eenhartvoorhingene.be

Return to “Foreign Volunteers & Collaboration”