Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Discussions on the propaganda, architecture and culture in the Third Reich.
ljadw
Member
Posts: 13611
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by ljadw » 02 May 2022 07:54

Yves Leterme was Flemish Prime Mister, but his father was French speaking,and now he lives together with a French woman .Thus the theory that your ancestors make what you are is wrong .
The present Flemish PM is Jan Jambon .
Jambon is a French word and means Bacon .
Thus ...
The ancestors of Roosevelt came from what is now the Netherlands, those of Eisenhower from what is now Germany .
Is FDR an ethnic Dutch ,Eisenhower an ethnic German ?
Is the British Royal Family ethnically British ?Is Joe Biden ethnically Irish ?Was Kennedy ethnically Irish ?
The mother of Kamala Harris came from India, her father from Jamaica . What is her ''ethnicity '' ?

ljadw
Member
Posts: 13611
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by ljadw » 02 May 2022 09:55

Speaking the same language is belonging to the same (ethnic ) group as is claimed in post 111,is WRONG : see the examples of Czechs and Slovaks .
And ,do Kamala Harris and Boris Johnson and the PM of Ireland belong to the same group ,because all of them speak English ?
The German emperor also spoke English .

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 11:48

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:45
George L Gregory wrote:
01 May 2022 20:16
ljadw wrote:
01 May 2022 18:49
There was no Austrian state prior 1918,thus there was no Austrian people before 1918 . It is as simple as that .
That has got to be one of the most ridiculous comments you have ever posted on this forum. A part of me wants to think that you’re not so stupid and that you’re just trying to wind people up.

Germany became a country in 1871. Did Germans not exist prior to that year?

Czech Republic became a country in 1993. Did Czechs not exist prior to that year?

Ukraine became a country in 1991. Did Ukrainians not exist prior to that year?

France became a country in 1792. Did French not exist prior to that year?

You post total BS.
Did ''Germans '' consider themselves as Germans prior 1871 ?
Did Ukrainians consider themselves as Ukrainians before 1991 ? During WW 2 more Ukrainians fought for Stalin than for the OUN .
Did Czechs consider themselves as Czechs before 1919 ? FYI : there was a Czech state between 1918 and 1939,disguised as Czechoslovakia.
And France did not become a country in 1792 but before 1792 .
And, if there was an Austrian nation before 1918, why was there no Austrian state before 1918 ?
Don’t answer questions with questions.

You’re avoiding the question.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/log ... -the-Issue

Try answering my questions with answers not questions to ask me.

You have yet to provide any reliable sources for your claims and you have resorted to fallacious arguments in pretty much all of your replies.

There’s very little point in continuing if you’re just going to keep posting such nonsense.
Last edited by George L Gregory on 02 May 2022 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 11:49

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:47
George L Gregory wrote:
01 May 2022 19:30
ljadw wrote:
01 May 2022 18:51
I am a Belgian citizen and I know that this is nonsense .No one in Flanders considers himself as germanic, no one in Wallonia considers himself as french .
How the heck do you know what other people think?

How about you just speak for yourself? By god, you sure as hell seem to think that you know more than you actually do.

The Flanders are Germanic, so why wouldn’t they consider themselves to be what they are? :?
How do you know that the Flemish people are Germanic ?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flemish_people

They’re a Germanic ethnic group.

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 11:51

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:58
There are no ethnic Jews : only people who consider themselves as Jews are Jews . Foreigners can not decide what you are, neither can your ancestors .
Speaking a language does not make you a member of an ''ethnic '' group .90 % of the Irish speak only English, but they do not belong to the same group of the inhabitants of Liverpool .
The parents of Schwarzenegger were Austrian citizens, but Arnold is an American .
And you have no proof that Albright is Jewish : only Albright herself could decide what she was .
Of course there is such thing as ethnic Jews. Sephardic Jews and Ashkenazi Jews are two examples of ethnic Jews.

Your ancestors do determine your ethnicity.

NO ONE HAS SAID THAT ONLY SPEAKING A LANGUAGE MEANS YOU BELONG TO AN ETHNIC GROUP. A GERMAN GUY WHO LEARNS MANDARIN DOESN’T ALL OF A SUDDEN BECOME CHINESE. WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME NONSENSE OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 11:54

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 07:54
Yves Leterme was Flemish Prime Mister, but his father was French speaking,and now he lives together with a French woman .Thus the theory that your ancestors make what you are is wrong .
The present Flemish PM is Jan Jambon .
Jambon is a French word and means Bacon .
Thus ...
The ancestors of Roosevelt came from what is now the Netherlands, those of Eisenhower from what is now Germany .
Is FDR an ethnic Dutch ,Eisenhower an ethnic German ?
Is the British Royal Family ethnically British ?Is Joe Biden ethnically Irish ?Was Kennedy ethnically Irish ?
The mother of Kamala Harris came from India, her father from Jamaica . What is her ''ethnicity '' ?
You are wrong and you think that you can redefine words and deny the existence of things.

For crying out loud, stop asking asking me questions. You deny that an ethnic group even exists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

Try and learn.

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 11:55

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 09:55
Speaking the same language is belonging to the same (ethnic ) group as is claimed in post 111,is WRONG : see the examples of Czechs and Slovaks .
And ,do Kamala Harris and Boris Johnson and the PM of Ireland belong to the same group ,because all of them speak English ?
The German emperor also spoke English .
NO ONE HAS EVER POSTED THAT ONLY SPEAKING A LANGUAGE MEANS YOU BELONG TO AN ETHNIC GROUP!!!!

The following is was what I posted on post #111:
Speaking a language =/= Belonging to an ethnic group
Thus, you are not understanding what I’m posting and/or you are deliberately not even reading what I’m posting and instead just trolling this forum relentlessly.

Why have you been trolling this forum for 14 years? I think that you should hop it.

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 12:10

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5378&p=1354221#p1354221

Bingo!

That explains EVERYTHING.

ljadw
Member
Posts: 13611
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by ljadw » 02 May 2022 13:35

George L Gregory wrote:
02 May 2022 11:55
ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 09:55
Speaking the same language is belonging to the same (ethnic ) group as is claimed in post 111,is WRONG : see the examples of Czechs and Slovaks .
And ,do Kamala Harris and Boris Johnson and the PM of Ireland belong to the same group ,because all of them speak English ?
The German emperor also spoke English .
NO ONE HAS EVER POSTED THAT ONLY SPEAKING A LANGUAGE MEANS YOU BELONG TO AN ETHNIC GROUP!!!!

The following is was what I posted on post #111:
Speaking a language =/= Belonging to an ethnic group
Thus, you are not understanding what I’m posting and/or you are deliberately not even reading what I’m posting and instead just trolling this forum relentlessly.

Why have you been trolling this forum for 14 years? I think that you should hop it.
If speaking a language means belonging to an ethnic group,it is obvious that two people who speak the same language belong to the same group .

ljadw
Member
Posts: 13611
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by ljadw » 02 May 2022 13:43

George L Gregory wrote:
02 May 2022 11:51
ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:58
There are no ethnic Jews : only people who consider themselves as Jews are Jews . Foreigners can not decide what you are, neither can your ancestors .
Speaking a language does not make you a member of an ''ethnic '' group .90 % of the Irish speak only English, but they do not belong to the same group of the inhabitants of Liverpool .
The parents of Schwarzenegger were Austrian citizens, but Arnold is an American .
And you have no proof that Albright is Jewish : only Albright herself could decide what she was .
Of course there is such thing as ethnic Jews. Sephardic Jews and Ashkenazi Jews are two examples of ethnic Jews.

Your ancestors do determine your ethnicity.

NO ONE HAS SAID THAT ONLY SPEAKING A LANGUAGE MEANS YOU BELONG TO AN ETHNIC GROUP. A GERMAN GUY WHO LEARNS MANDARIN DOESN’T ALL OF A SUDDEN BECOME CHINESE. WHY DO YOU KEEP REPEATING THE SAME NONSENSE OVER AND OVER AGAIN?
Ancestors do not determine your ethnicity ,and ethnic Jews do not exist .Ashkenazi is a rabbinical term and has nothing to do with ethnicity .
Jew is the person who is saying that he is Jewish and his ancestry has nothing to do with it .
The daughter of Trump has chosen to be Jewish, while Marx had chosen not to be Jewish .

DavidFrankenberg
Member
Posts: 1187
Joined: 11 May 2016 01:09
Location: Earth

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 02 May 2022 14:24

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:37
DavidFrankenberg wrote:
01 May 2022 19:43
ljadw wrote:
01 May 2022 18:51
DavidFrankenberg wrote:
01 May 2022 18:36
ljadw wrote:
01 May 2022 16:50


I advise you very strongly never to tell such things in Wallonia and Flanders .
You know what they did in the Far West with people who said things that chocked the inhabitants :pitch and feathers is not pleasant .
Wallonie is inhabited by french people, Flanders by germanic people.

Your advise, pitch and feathers or Far West wont change it.
I am a Belgian citizen and I know that this is nonsense .No one in Flanders considers himself as germanic, no one in Wallonia considers himself as french .
Sure, they do.
Proof ?
Your proof is yourself. My proof is myself :milsmile:

DavidFrankenberg
Member
Posts: 1187
Joined: 11 May 2016 01:09
Location: Earth

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 02 May 2022 14:43

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 06:58
There are no ethnic Jews : only people who consider themselves as Jews are Jews . Foreigners can not decide what you are, neither can your ancestors .
Speaking a language does not make you a member of an ''ethnic '' group .90 % of the Irish speak only English, but they do not belong to the same group of the inhabitants of Liverpool .
The parents of Schwarzenegger were Austrian citizens, but Arnold is an American .
And you have no proof that Albright is Jewish : only Albright herself could decide what she was .
Nationality is not ethnicity.
Hitler was born with austrian nationality, but he was an ethnic german.

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 16:22

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 13:35
If speaking a language means belonging to an ethnic group,it is obvious that two people who speak the same language belong to the same group .
That is NOT what anyone on this thread has ever claimed means belonging to an ethnic group.

You should think before you post.

Are you losing your mind since you are in your early 70s now?

George L Gregory
Member
Posts: 1064
Joined: 13 Nov 2020 15:08
Location: Britain

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by George L Gregory » 02 May 2022 16:25

ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 13:43
Ancestors do not determine your ethnicity ,and ethnic Jews do not exist .Ashkenazi is a rabbinical term and has nothing to do with ethnicity .
Jew is the person who is saying that he is Jewish and his ancestry has nothing to do with it .
The daughter of Trump has chosen to be Jewish, while Marx had chosen not to be Jewish .
Again, you are wrong.

Jewish ethnic groups do exist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... nic_groups

Ivanka Trump is religiously Jewish because she converted to Judaism.

Karl Marx was ethnically Jewish, but he was not religiously Jewish.

Halakha states that someone who was born to a Jewish mother is a Jew.

It’s really not that hard to understand.

ljadw
Member
Posts: 13611
Joined: 13 Jul 2009 17:50

Re: Why did the Nazis claim that Adolf Hitler was German?

Post by ljadw » 02 May 2022 19:31

George L Gregory wrote:
02 May 2022 16:25
ljadw wrote:
02 May 2022 13:43
Ancestors do not determine your ethnicity ,and ethnic Jews do not exist .Ashkenazi is a rabbinical term and has nothing to do with ethnicity .
Jew is the person who is saying that he is Jewish and his ancestry has nothing to do with it .
The daughter of Trump has chosen to be Jewish, while Marx had chosen not to be Jewish .
Again, you are wrong.

Jewish ethnic groups do exist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... nic_groups

Ivanka Trump is religiously Jewish because she converted to Judaism.

Karl Marx was ethnically Jewish, but he was not religiously Jewish.

Halakha states that someone who was born to a Jewish mother is a Jew.

It’s really not that hard to understand.
Marx was an anti-Semite as was Trotzky .
And that Marx was ethnically Jewish, is wrong : his parents had broken all ties with the Jewish world and had become protestant .
The father of Barry Goldwater was ''Jewish '' ,his mother wasn't and his father converted to the Presbytarian religion of his mother .
Other point :Halakha does not decide who is Jewish,but every one who is called Jewish,decides independently from the Jewish laws if he considers himself as Jewish.
Besides, what you ignore,certain tendencies in the Jewish world are saying that it is the Jewish father, not mother, who decides that his children are Jewish .
Gentiles and Jewish laws do not determine who is Jewish .Most American ''Jews "" do not consider themselves as Jewish and have married non Jews .
It is very doubtful that Kissinger considered himself as a Jew : he was a Jewish American .

Return to “Propaganda, Culture & Architecture”