mini bunker ?

Discussions on the fortifications, artillery, & rockets used by the Axis forces.
tamatex2002

mini bunker ?

Post by tamatex2002 » 30 May 2020 16:43

hi !

i need some help from the pro´s in here: i found 4 very small bunkerbuildings like mushrooms ? near berlin (babelsberg). as far as i know there was no military base or something else. the strange thing is: there is only a little gun (?) hole in each building opposite the entrance, but they all directed in different locations.
i also thought this was maybe a base for some gun - flak ? maybe some of you knows more !
thank you so much for informations !
DS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: mini bunker ?

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 30 May 2020 17:47

No one really seems to know the “what“ according to this
https://potsdamer-ehrenmale.de.tl/Ein_Mann_Bunker.htm
The site was in an important industrial area.

Waleed

tamatex2002

Post by tamatex2002 » 30 May 2020 21:32

yes its really strange - bunker makes no sense to me .. you could not open such a heavy door alone (if it was a one men bunker as some say)
also the little hole on opposite side makes no sense (in the shooting direction is the next "bunker" located)
for me it looks a little like a tank turret to 8O
...i attached some pictures from my 3d scan .. maybe this will help further .. thanks anyway !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrzej Ditrich

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 31 May 2020 09:18

Concrete Paznernest?
If it's combat bunker then field of fire must be well planned to cover with fire the biggest area.
Seems strange.
What kind of insdustry there were? Military industry?

PS nice method of 3D scanning. Are You archeologist?

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 31 May 2020 10:04

Article says Orenstein & Koppel and Arado amongst others.

Waleed

v60pih

Post by v60pih » 31 May 2020 10:15

Andrzej Ditrich wrote:
31 May 2020 09:18
In wartime a heavy equipment factory Maschienenbau und Bahnbedarf AG (Orenstein & Koppel).
They built locomotives in Potsdam.
Also there was Arado Flugzeugwerke. They built the first jet-powered bomber, the Arado Ar 234 and stuka planes.

tamatex2002

Post by tamatex2002 » 31 May 2020 14:46

Andrzej Ditrich wrote:
31 May 2020 09:18
Concrete Paznernest?
If it's combat bunker then field of fire must be well planned to cover with fire the biggest area.
Seems strange.

PS nice method of 3D scanning. Are You archeologist?
hi ! .. so i was searching around the net ..and i think a so called "splitterchutz zelle" (splinter protection cell)
is most plausible when there was any important industry. allthough i never found this special kind of construction and i dont understand the
strange layout of the objects and the construnstuction of the tilted doors.
@andrzej .. i work in the vfx industry for movies .. so i often use agisoft metashape for projects. its good for have 3d informations saved.
thanks !!

v60pih

Post by v60pih » 01 Jun 2020 10:06

Hello, a splitterschutzzelle or einmannbunker is a general name for an one man bunker.
I don't understand why the enterance is partly on top, it must have been heavy to open and close the door(s).

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 01 Jun 2020 10:21

V61pih, if you are referring to the bunker in the 3D scans I think this one has been filled/closed postwar. If you have look at some of the first photos shown it appears there are grooves above the door, maybe for a wooden roof or..?

Waleed

herring

Post by herring » 01 Jun 2020 10:43

in terms of entrance placement - doesn't it resemble a Kabelbrunnen? Also there is a small groove from the entrance to the top - for cables?
Aren't they arrayed on a plan of triangle?
A part of some radio/ test installation?

tamatex2002

Post by tamatex2002 » 01 Jun 2020 18:36

thanks for your ideas .. yes i also found it very strange to put the door half on top... and the quadratic opening really looks like something was mounted there .. or coming out .. its all a riddle for me .. but i guess its kind of a custom made bunkertype for very special occasion i think.
next time i will try to measure the exact positions of the 4 bunkers maybe this will help a little more.
cheers !

Return to “Fortifications, Artillery, & Rockets”