Photothread: Road Vehicles of the Deutsche Reichsbahn

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Photothread: Road Vehicles of the Deutsche Reichsbahn

Post by Maxschnauzer » 08 Dec 2019 04:17

I think it may be useful to collect our vehicle photos of the DR in one repository for ease of reference. I'll start off with a few Kaelble tractors. The source of these photos is https://docplayer.org/57861208-Fluegelr ... t-der.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Re: Photothread: Road Vehicles of the Deutsche Reichsbahn

Post by SIS 5 » 08 Dec 2019 12:22

Hi Max,

thank You very much for opening this new thread. Really interesting for me. Here my first contribution to this thread, also vehicles of Kaelble, five new Schnellzugmaschinen type Z 6 GN 125 and a Z 6 R 3 A of the Reichsbahn on the courtyard of Kaelble in Backnang near to Stuttgart. Source of the pic: "Kaelble Lastkraftwagen und Zugmaschinen" by Joachim Wahl and Alexander Luig.Best regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 09 Dec 2019 08:21

Great photo, Bert. To continue on with Kaelbles here are few more pics of the mighty Z 6R 3A:
Cheers,
Max

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 10 Dec 2019 07:51

Two Mercedes-Benz G 3 a's
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 10 Dec 2019 16:26

Max,

thank You very much for posting these pics. I have found another pic of the last vehicle, a special vehicle with a container for the transport of cement (source of the pic: "Deutsche Reichsbahn in Bildern 1930 - 1945" by Udo Kandler).

Bet regards

Bert

glushenko

Post by glushenko » 10 Dec 2019 18:19

1.jpg
https://vk.com/club59519874 Техника.Оружие.Война.Фото

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 11 Dec 2019 06:59

SIS 5 wrote:
10 Dec 2019 16:26
Max,

thank You very much for posting these pics. I have found another pic of the last vehicle, a special vehicle with a container for the transport of cement (source of the pic: "Deutsche Reichsbahn in Bildern 1930 - 1945" by Udo Kandler).

Bet regards

Bert
Hi Bert,
Excellent! Thanks very much for that. I wondered what was in that drum.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 13 Dec 2019 12:42

Hi Max,

maybe it is interesting for You: the plan of list for the registration numbers of road vehicles of the Reichsbahn (source: "Der Autobahn-Schnellverkehr der Deutschen Reichsbahn" by Volkhard Stern). After the two letters DR (Deutsche Reichsbahn) is following a identification number with six figures.

Best regards

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 14 Dec 2019 06:37

Hello Bert,
Thanks very much for that. It is indeed very interesting to me. I have already grabbed a screenshot to keep in my DR files.
As a check let's try it out on this 6,5 ton Magirus. Yep, it fits right there in the "Lastkraftwagen für mehr als 5t Nutzlast" category with the number DR 62571. :thumbsup:
Thanks again, friend.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 14 Dec 2019 18:33

Hi Max,

I´m very glad that this list is interesting for You. Thank You very much for posting the two great pics with the Magirus truck. Not only the Magirus truck, all the other pics of DR vehicles fit with the different categories. That´s great. So it could help to ID the vehicles, for example the Büssing-NAG truck with the number DR - 41126. I think it is the type 502.
Now a pic of a very special truckof the Reichsbahn: a Henschel "Dampf" (5 t) steam truck (lorry) (Dampf-Lastkraftwagen)
Source of the pic: http://heimatgilde-vöhrenbach.de/_downl ... otiven.pdf

Best regards, my friend

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 14 Dec 2019 23:55

Hi Bert,
Thanks very much for posting that photo of the Henschel Dampfwagen. I have come across a facsimile of an article showing what appears to be a different version, with earlier cab. Maybe you can elaborate on this?
The source https://www.deviantart.com/bartpaaddiat ... -495055627 provides little more than some general comments:
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 15 Dec 2019 00:25

Hi Max,

Yes, I think I can. Totally there were built 12 Dampf-Lastkraftwagen "Dampf" (5 to) by Henschel. And You are right, there were two cabs. These trucks were produced for the Reichsbahn (ten) and two for beer breweries, Elberfeld and in Mühlhausen. Here a pic of a column of these steam trucks 1935 used by the Reichsbahn management in Kassel (source of the pic and the information: "Alle Lastwagen von Henschel 1925 bis 1967" by Karl-Heinz Hesse and Henning A. Bauer).

Best regards, my friend

Bert

uncle

Post by uncle » 15 Dec 2019 14:09

Hi Max, Hallo Bert.
another Henschel Steam wagon (1934)
The source - archive.commercialmotor.com

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Dec 2019 03:56

Hello Bert and Uncle,
Both of your posts are like gold to me. Thanks for the information and photos. So there were at least 3 differently cabbed versions then. That is a massive engine compartment to squeeze in all that steam generation equipment!
All I have in return is another photo of the COE version with the 36 SV 2 style cab being displayed at some sort of trade show or exhibition:
Cheers,
Max

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 18 Dec 2019 10:21

Fross-Büssing truck.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”