I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Panther Arthur

I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy

Post by Panther Arthur » 16 Jun 2020 16:26

Hello all,

I currently researching the operations of I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy in mid to late July 1944, and would like to learn more about its structure, personalities, HQ locations and operational orders it gave out.

I understand from Douglas Nash's book the structure of a corps headquarters. Now I just need detail from I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy.

I have the NARA MF T354 603-604, but detail on Normandy but detail is bit scarce when it comes to actual operations, personalities and events. Still pushing through all the slides.

In short - I need more than the odd reference to Fritz Kraemer and Sepp Dietrich in a secondary source.

Has there been a thread on this that I haven't found? Or a book that gives more detail? (Or am I writing it - haha)

I have yet to push through every aspect of this massive site - please forgive me if something was right under my nose.

Looking to learn more,

Arthur Gullachsen
Kingston, Canada

Sheldrake

Re: I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy

Post by Sheldrake » 16 Jun 2020 16:42

The FMS series includes interviews with several of its commanders and staff officers

I SS Pz Corps, 1944 MS # C-024-
I SS Pz Corps artillery, Jun-Aug 1944 MS # B-33

Michael Reynolds' Steel Inferno is the history of I SS corps in Normandy.

Samuel W Mitcham's Panzers in Normandy is baased on the papers of General Eberbach who commanded Panzer Gruppe West and 5th Panzer Army during that period.

Panther Arthur

Re: I. SS-Panzerkorps in Normandy

Post by Panther Arthur » 16 Jun 2020 17:24

Hello Sheldrake

Many thanks

Arthur

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”