‘Wehrwolf’: Hitler's HQ in Ukraine

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 23 Nov 2019 19:15

Finally, I am ready to share a new article, has taken the last 3 weeks of the after-travel research, reading books and memoirs and writing. As a citizen of Ukraine, I want to structurize solid facts instead of myths and misunderstandings, in particular for my ‘Western’ readers, who generally have some informational barrier with the Eastern front topics. I have visited Hitler’s ‘Wehrwolf’ headquarters back in September 2018 and now want you to grasp this information, yet the most world-volume (8000 words) I have ever made on the blog. I would appreciate your comments, questions, reposting.

https://war-documentary.info/wehrwolf-h ... dquarters/

Peter89

Re: ‘Wehrwolf’: Hitler's HQ in Ukraine

Post by Peter89 » 25 Nov 2019 05:21

Oh, those 'Western readers', they seem to have a thing for WW2 myths.

So it happens I have a close friend and quite a few acquintances from Ukraine (ethnic Hungarians), and I experience how much more advanced the Ukranian educational system is. An ethnic Hungarian born and raised in Ukraine can lecture a Hungary-born ethnic Hungarian, but an ethnic Hungarian born and raised in the dark lands of Austria or UK? They can barely understand him. He writes letters down to them, but they just don't seem to be taught to read. No wonder they have informational barriers.

My mother studied medicine in the SU, and lived together with an ethnic Ukranian, and heck, it influenced her mental capacities so much it took me 2 years to speak with her after I was born. Before that? Only myths, informational barriers.
“And while I am talking to you, mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance. I have said this before, but I shall say it again, and again and again. Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars." - FDR, October 1940

Max Payload

Re: ‘Wehrwolf’: Hitler's HQ in Ukraine

Post by Max Payload » 27 Nov 2019 00:01

Unfortunately Maksym, while your English is infinitely better than my Ukrainian, it is not always of a sufficient standard to make your meaning clear. Just to take the first sentence of your article, I don’t know what it means.
Nonetheless you have provided plenty of useful information on the Vinnitsa complex, far more than I have found from any other source. Thanks for posting it.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”