Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
dpast32

Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by dpast32 » 31 Jan 2019 22:08

Hello again Gents,
Here's a relatively easy question for all our German unit scholars. What does the following abbreviations indicate; >> H.V.Pl. d. Sankp. 2/387 <<. Now I believe that H.V.Pl. = an Army (Heer) Main Dressing Station / Main Aid Station. d.Sankp. = Of Medical Company, & What does the 2/387 indicate ? I have an idea, but it been so long since I've delved into German unit designations, I thought that it would be best if I asked for help ? THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32

Richard Anderson

Re: Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by Richard Anderson » 31 Jan 2019 22:41

dpast32 wrote:
31 Jan 2019 22:08
Hello again Gents, Here's a relatively easy question for all our German unit scholars. What does the following abbreviations indicate; >> H.V.Pl. d.Sankp. 2/387 <<. Now I believe that H.V.Pl. = an Army (Heer) Main Dressing Station / Main Aid Station. d.Sankp. = Of Medical Company, & What does the 2/387 indicate ? I have an idea, but it been so long since I've delved into German unit designations, I thought that it would be best if I asked for help ? THANKS Guys,

Best, dpast32
Scroll down http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gli ... ten387.htm

It is the 2. Kompanie of Feldlazarette/Sanitäts-Abteilung 387 of 387. Inf.-Div. The division was formed in February 1942 as a 18. Welle division at Truppenübungsplatz Döllersheim. The division was destroyed on the Ostfront in 1944 and disbanded on 13 March 1944.
"Is all this pretentious pseudo intellectual citing of sources REALLY necessary? It gets in the way of a good, spirited debate, destroys the cadence." POD, 6 October 2018

dpast32

Re: Seeking to confirm / verify Heer unit designation ?

Post by dpast32 » 17 Mar 2022 13:32

Somehow, someway, I unfortunately must have missed this particular reply to my previous Query. I have to say I deeply apologize to Mr. Richard Anderson who so kindly replied, & provided the information I was seeking. Therefore, Richard, here's an much belated THANK YOU to your very kind reply !!

Best regards, Dom Pastore Jr.

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”