Seeking detailed OOB & TOE for Type 44 Infantry Division

Discussions on High Command, strategy and the Armed Forces (Wehrmacht) in general.
HakeJumble

Seeking detailed OOB & TOE for Type 44 Infantry Division

Post by HakeJumble » 17 Oct 2018 15:45

Good afternoon gents,

I am searching for a detailed account of the organisation and equipment that came with the Wehrmacht’s “Type 44” infantry division.

I am a keen ww2 wargamer and I am hoping to use the information to order the right miniatures in the right quantities.

Mainly I am looking for organisation from divisional level to platoon level, enabling me to grasp how many groups of miniatures to order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jake

Gary Kennedy

Re: Seeking detailed OOB & TOE for Type 44 Infantry Division

Post by Gary Kennedy » 17 Oct 2018 20:26

Well if you don't mind some rather obtrusive watermarks and Cyrillic comments, the Red Army pulled most of what you're after together and can be found over on the www.germandocsinrussia.org site.

http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/de/n ... rid/zoom/1

The service and supply units are more from the later months of 1944, so it depends how desperate your are to get the Rations troops correct.

There are some cleaner looking versions over on www.sturmpanzer.net (you need to look under KStN rather than T/O&E to find them). Also a number of Divisional summaries there too if you look for file name T78R399_H1_048.

A lot of the KStN are also available in a few files in the 'free NARA rolls' thread on the Archives sub-forum here.

Amazing how much stuff on the subject is now available at the click of a mouse, wasn't like that when I was looking 20 years ago :<

Gary

Return to “German Strategy & General German Military Discussion”