- Posts: 51
- Joined: 05 Aug 2021 00:56
- Location: Chile and Germany
In the Rang und Quartier-Liste der Königlich Preußischen Armee für 1894, Roßarzt Robert Reff, had the F.W.3 Ehrenzeichen or distintion.
I have 2 questions about it:
1) I understand that medaille was for 9 years of active service, so if he was Roßarzt since january 1894, Unter-Roßarzt since 1891 to 1893 (3 years), Militair-Roßarzt Eleve since 1887 to 1890 (3.5 years)....he was soldier in service from 1885 (19 years old, born 1866)??
2) the picture attachment is the correct image of F.W.3 ?
- Host - Austria-Hungary section
- Posts: 3136
- Joined: 17 Mar 2002 16:24
- Location: United Kingdom
as a volunteer, it would not be unusual for Herr Reff to enter service as a 18 or 19 year old. He would have served somewhere in the region of between six months and a year before attending the Lehrschmiede for another six months. He could also possibly have returned to his original regiment for a while depending on the date of his Lehrschmiede course and the beginning of his Roßarztschule training. And yes, that is the correct symbol for the F.W.3. or Dienstauszeichnung 3. Klasse.
- Posts: 4281
- Joined: 06 Jan 2020 23:13
- Location: Deutschland
Dienstauszeichnung 3.Klasse Schnalle 1825 https://www.ehrenzeichen-orden.de/deuts ... -1825.html