Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Discussions on WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean. Hosted by Andy H
Von Schadewald

Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Post by Von Schadewald » 15 May 2022 20:58

From this week's Manchester Jewish Telegraph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Von Schadewald on 15 May 2022 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Von Schadewald

Re: Operation Mincemeat: Anglo Jewish officer

Post by Von Schadewald » 15 May 2022 21:01

mm2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 11 Aug 2022 08:30

More conspiracy theory rubbish.

Steve

Post by Steve » 12 Aug 2022 18:37

General Frido von Senger und Etterlin wrote in his memoir that at a meeting with Hitler on June 22 1943 he was given the job of defending Sicily. If Hitler made any mention of a possible allied invasion of Greece Etterlin does not mention it. He also talked to General Warlimont Deputy Chief of the Operations Staff about what to do in the event of a major allied attack on Sicily and again apparently no mention of Greece. On June 25 he met Field Marshall Kesselring in Rome and again apparently no mention of Greece. Later he met Field Marshall von Richthofen commander of Luftflotte 2 who thought the allies would land in Sardinia rather than Sicily. The Germans may have thought it was a possibility the allies would land in Greece as troops were moved there but they do not seem to have been putting all their eggs into the Greek basket.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 15 Aug 2022 16:48

I don't believe that the dead bloke was the Welsh bloke he was purported to be because it's too much of a cliche, a social outsider, non-productive member of the community, a suicide.... is redeemed after his death.... I think he was the sailor. It rather reminds me of the story of the first use of penicillin....on a copper who was scratched by a rose thorn. Why not try it on a baby or a child where the supply would go further? Oh and the scratch by a rose thorn looks to me like a euphemistic phrase for syphilis.

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 18 Aug 2022 06:22

What you believe and what is real are 2 different things. Cliches are so called because they happen over and over again. So, in fact, because it is a cliche it is more likely to be what happenned. Besides, the whole thing is fully documented. The most likely reason that they did not let the family see the body of the sailor is that he was badly mutilated. The purpose of operation Mincemeat was to convince the Germans that the Allies were going to land at Calais and not in Normandy. Nothing to do with Greece.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 18 Aug 2022 09:14

No.

Larry D.
Financial supporter

Post by Larry D. » 18 Aug 2022 14:18

MarkRS wrote:
18 Aug 2022 06:22
What you believe and what is real are 2 different things. Cliches are so called because they happen over and over again. So, in fact, because it is a cliche it is more likely to be what happenned. Besides, the whole thing is fully documented. The most likely reason that they did not let the family see the body of the sailor is that he was badly mutilated. The purpose of operation Mincemeat was to convince the Germans that the Allies were going to land at Calais and not in Normandy. Nothing to do with Greece.
WHAT!!! Everything I've ever read over the past 70 years in dozens of books and periodicals/magazines said Greece or the Balkans. So now everything has been changed to Calais?? There were clandestine deception operations to make the Germans focus on the Calais area rather than Normandy, but it wasn't Mincemeat.

L. deZ.

Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 18 Aug 2022 22:27

Larry D. wrote:
18 Aug 2022 14:18
MarkRS wrote:
18 Aug 2022 06:22
WHAT!!! Everything I've ever read over the past 70 years in dozens of books and periodicals/magazines said Greece or the Balkans. So now everything has been changed to Calais?? There were clandestine deception operations to make the Germans focus on the Calais area rather than Normandy, but it wasn't Mincemeat.

L. deZ.
This is possibly the weakest thread I've read in the last five years. Hope no-one tries to draw from it to cite anything or for their own writing :D

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 19 Aug 2022 18:10

it is correct that the primary purpose of Mincemeat was to divert attention from Sicily but the secondary and more important one was to confirm Calais. The main theme of this thread is an attack on a Jewish officer and a libel that he lied about the origin of the corpse used in the deception. There is no relevance to Mincemeat that the officer involved was Jewish and there is no substance to the contention that he used a fallen sailor without telling the family. This is not a debate about the aims of Mincemeat, it is an underhand anti-semitic attack on an honourable British officer. Stay focused.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 23 Aug 2022 03:28

Hysterical fool.

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 23 Aug 2022 06:34

That's all you have got? That is your whole take? I would say then that you are ignorant and blinkered. I suggest that you go learn about antisemitism and the subtleties thereof. Then you can pass comment.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 23 Aug 2022 11:54

It's all your opinion is worth. Take your hysterical allegations, guilt by association, bad manners and be gone.

MarkRS

Post by MarkRS » 23 Aug 2022 12:10

I'm afraid it is you who has bad manners. It is quite clear that anytime a person's religion is brought up when it is irrelevant then there is an ulterior motive. It is one thing for a Jewish newspaper to procalim to its Jewish readers that Montegu was Jewish. It is a far different thing when non Jews pass comment. Fully equivalent to white people using the "N" word.

Attrition

Post by Attrition » 23 Aug 2022 12:16

Oh, I forgot to mention that I grant you the last word if you want it.

Return to “WW2 in Africa & the Mediterranean”