- Posts: 227
- Joined: 19 May 2002 21:31
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
I am currently writing a historical fiction book about a young german farm boy who is conscripted into the German army in 1938 and serves with the 18 ID. from the beginning to the end - most of the information can be easily found in many fie web sites about what happened on the field but I am in need of what the training was like for the conscripts of 1938 -
- what was the common age or uncommon age?
- how long was the training? what did it involve?
- any other tidbit that would pertain to this?
I have read Soldat and The Forgotten Soldier - however living in Budapest - I am at a loss to get a copy here for a reasonable price. I just wish I could remeber the larger details. ANy help would be apreciated - you can post here or e-mail me
- Posts: 33963
- Joined: 08 Mar 2002 22:35
- Location: Europe