SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 2

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Blanusa

SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 2

Post by Blanusa » 13 Nov 2021 18:59

Hello,

The attached crop from a photograph, showing license plate number 6014, is that of a motorcycle with sidecar that belonged to the 2./SS-VT-Aufklärungs-Abteilung. The sidecar carries an interesting insignia, that I have previously not seen with this unit and is visible on several vehicles. It looks like the hilt of a sword (??) and the number 2 within a square. Has anyone seen this insignia before? The soldier depicted in the last image belonged to this unit and was later transferred to division Wiking.

Best regards
Blanusa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blanusa

Re: SS-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 2

Post by Blanusa » 13 Nov 2021 19:00

Hello again,

Sorry for the poor quality, but I'm not really that great in painting and drawing. This is what I believe the insignia looks like and please pay no attention to the colours of my drawing, just used some that seemed nice to my eyes.

Best regards
Blanusa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”