- New member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Sep 2021 12:31
- Location: Philippines
Harro, I have been scouring this thread for the title of your book. Finally there is a link . Thank you.Harro wrote: ↑11 Jan 2021 20:36My pleasure, this is a direct link to the webshop of my publisher (by far the cheapest option since it goes for ridiculous prices on Ebay and Amazon
https://www.boekenbestellen.nl/boek/gus ... 58?lang=en
- Posts: 3172
- Joined: 19 May 2005 18:10
- Location: The Netherlands
Today I received Tragarsky's Personalakten from the former SS Personalhauptamt which are kept at the Bundesarchiv in Berlin. The file confirms that he was NOT the man in the Poteau photos.
1. wrong unit: Tragarsky served in III. Abteilung, SS-Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 1 LSSAH. This was an artillery battalion which was assigned to Kampfgruppe Sandig. A unit that was never anywhere near Poteau.
2. wrong rank: Tragarsky was an SS-Rottenführer. The man in the Poteau photos has an (Ober)schütze collar tab.
- Posts: 139
- Joined: 07 Feb 2022 17:33
- Location: USA