Copyright Request Help - Heydrich

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by John Calvin and Jeff Leach.
LadyHerta

Re: Copyright Request Help - Heydrich

Post by LadyHerta » 27 Nov 2019 10:16

Gorque wrote:
26 Nov 2019 11:28
Hi LadyHerta:

I see that the picture is listed in pinterest by the user Natalee within the folder Ljubecka. Have you tried contacting this person?

What efforts have you made so far in your search? I ask this so that a duplication of effort is not made by me or others.

PS: Per the pinterest user, the girl is his future wife, Lina Mathilde, nee von Osten, later Manninen. The picture's date was supposedly taken in 1929.

HTH
Hello.

What efforts have I made? I tried to search past all the Pinterest, Deviant Art andother such pages but I did not come across anything. All said something different and gave no further information as to a source.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that this girl was the one Heydrich dumped for Lina. Hence why I am seeking permission to use it as the novel is based around the girl Heydrich dumped for Lina.
history1 wrote:
27 Nov 2019 09:09
As far as I know Herta wants to use THIS image, not an altered one.
Yes that is correct. I would like to use THIS image.
history1 wrote:
26 Nov 2019 18:06

@Herta: It´s obvious that we are trying to help you, hence I don´t understand the need of your first sentence in your last post. I would recommend you do what reliable publishers do, namely state in your book that you were not able to find the copyright holder of this image and ask the reader, if he/she does hold the copyright to contact you as to settle the right of use for this image.
IN this way it is at least visible that you didn´t intent to violate any copyright but your search wasn´t fruitful and your use will be more likely excused. This is for sure cheaper for you than having a copyright holder finding out that you did use it without his/her allowance as the consequence would be the request of the multiple of the right of use - bill for a copyright violation. The right of use calculation depends onto the run, less books is cheaper than many book.
Forgive me please, sometimes I how think a sentence should look, doesn’t look the same when I type it out.. (must be a writers thing maybe?)

I was going to put a piece in the beginning about how I was unable to locate a copyright holder and if anyone knew the holder to email me on the given address. And if they did not request for me to use it, then I would remove it.

Thank you for all your help, it is truly appreciated. I thought that with everyone on here, it would have been a pretty easy ask but it seems it isn’t. Thank you once again for everyone’s ongoing assistance.

Herta

lartiste

Post by lartiste » 27 Nov 2019 20:28

history1 wrote:
27 Nov 2019 09:14
lartiste wrote:
26 Nov 2019 22:14
[...]
I would like to see the dispute since it would be really interesting how to prove who the author was. Witness statements? :wink:
Might be a possibility. Why not the negative film instead?
lartiste wrote:
26 Nov 2019 22:14
[...] If you will not find out, then use it as it is.
.. and risk a hefty fine and conviction.
The advice of someone who claims to have legal education. :lol:
And this was my last statement here, I don´t have precious time to waste.
Just last comment here - negative is proof of what? :wink: Even the ownership of negative is proof of nothing ... .

Your each statement proves that you have no idea what you are talking about. It is only about your ego ... .

And your silence concerning the legal regulations I pointed out speaks for itself. :wink:

LadyHerta

Post by LadyHerta » 30 Nov 2019 21:31

Hello everyone,

Still have not found a copyright owner for this photograph, so I am going to just add the disclaimer at the beginning of the book.

Thank you to everyone who replied and/or assisted me. Muchly appreciated.

Herta

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 14 Sep 2020 06:06

Gorque wrote:
26 Nov 2019 11:28

PS: Per the pinterest user, the girl is his future wife, Lina Mathilde, nee von Osten, later Manninen. The picture's date was supposedly taken in 1929.

HTH
I scrolled through 2 pages of bickering about copyright to get to the end. :lol:

Firstly, Heydrich didn't meet Lina von Osten until December 1930. The couple were engaged within a few weeks. So if this photo is definitely taken in 1929 then it's not her. Anyway, it doesn't look like Lina either.

Secondly, I've seen this photo before and it has been suggested it could be Heydrich's older sister Maria who was 3 years his senior. But I've only seen a couple of photographs of her and I can't be sure. The siblings became estranged in 1938 or 1939 over a family argument.

Max Williams would be able to give you a definitive answer.

Return to “Archives”