Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II (Wustrau, Fehrbellin, Brandenburg)

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by John Calvin and Jeff Leach.
George Lepre
Host - Foreign volunteers section

Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II (Wustrau, Fehrbellin, Brandenburg)

Post by George Lepre » 14 Sep 2012 00:54

This thread was split from the Foreign Volunteers Section. Member Hadi is interested in obtaining documentation regarding German POW camps.

George

Hadi

Re: Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II (Wustrau, Fehrbellin, Brandenb

Post by Hadi » 14 Sep 2012 16:44

Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II (Wustrau, Fehrbellin, Brandenburg) - Training Camp

There are 4 camps:

Stalag III D Berlin-Steglitz (Lichterfelde)
Stalag III D/Z Wustrau I uber Neuruppin (Wustrau) D (Brandenburg) -9/12.1944
Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II uber Neuruppin (Wustrau) D (Brandenburg) -12.1944-
Stalag III D/Z (Zietenhorst, Post (Wustrau)) (Wustrau) D (Brandenburg) -9/12.1944

But as per these sites:
http://oschatz-vizite.narod.ru/oschatz_ ... y_001.html and http://www.rusarchives.ru/demands/sp/fl.shtml#_ednor
following information below is in Russian archives that relates to Stalag III D (Berlin):

- сводки о национальном составе узников - information about nationality of people
- сведения о переводе военнопленных в другие шталаги - information about transfer of prisores to other stalags;
- сведения о побегах - information about escapes;
- протоколы допросов - transcript of interrogation.

I've sent the request to thiese archives but no answer yet. I tried to call them (there are a lot of contact phones on their site) but no answer.

Thus, it looks like that most of archive documents of Stalag III D (Berlin, Berlin-Steglitz (Lichterfelde)) is in Russian archives (as Semenov noted above). But the question is - where are archives for Wustrau I and Wustrau II? The Drezden Documentation Centre answered for now that they don't have any information, and probably all these materials are in NARA or Russian. They stated also that in general NARA refuse to give any information about this.

Can enybody advice any idea how to find Stalag III D/Z Wustrau I and II uber Neuruppin (Brandenburg) archives?

Best regards,

Hadi

melnykg

Re: Stalag III D/Z Wustrau II (Wustrau, Fehrbellin, Brandenburg)

Post by melnykg » 17 Aug 2021 15:37

Hi Hadi,

It's been a long time since you posted here. Did you find any new info about Stalag III D/Z Wustrau ?
My great grand uncle was in Ukrainian group here. I'm trying to find any trace of him.

Hadi

Post by Hadi » 17 Aug 2021 17:42

Hi melnykg,

Thank you for your post. I‘ve made long research in Germany. Last time I was in Freiburg archive. There is a lot of information also an I had not enough time. I have seen so many names from USSR on films ( archive materials).

Regarding the Stalag, I have found too many information in Berlin’s archive and the most important was the table that included those who worked in this Stalag. This Stalag was for the training and related to ABVER. The table has numbers of nationalities who worked there. I remember only that 2 were from Azerbaijan. So, I assume that one of them is my father. I have the copy of the document. Then I have visited Bad Arolsen‘s archive and found one more document. To be honest, right now I don‘t know where continue my research.
I assume you can find also information about your great grand uncle.

melnykg

Post by melnykg » 18 Aug 2021 23:50

Hi Hadi,

Thank you for your reply!
I started the separate topic here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=259235

Pretty useful info is in Russian language here:
http://istmat.info/node/28454

including Azerbaijan group even with some names. It's mentioned there that Caucasian group was evacuated to Stuttgart around Feb 1945

Do you know if it's possible to request the info about Wustrau Stalag form Germany remotely?

I sent the request to Arolsen‘s archives and got the response but with not very useful info and I'm even not sure that was about my great grand uncle.

Thank you

Return to “Archives”