Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Discussions on all aspects of Austria-Hungary. Hosted by Glenn Jewison.
User avatar
JakeV
Member
Posts: 1242
Joined: 06 Apr 2010 13:14
Location: Greece

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by JakeV » 18 Oct 2020 21:05

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information. I believe we couldn't have gotten them anywhere else!

Here is what I now have on Bachich. I have noticed that some info is different from those by Schmidt-Brentano, but I have cross-checked "mine" and I believe they are corect:

BACHICH von RECINA Alois (Fiume/Ungarn, 21.06.1864 – 31.12.1950)

ursprünglicher Name: Alois Bachich
11.09.1911 in den Adelsstand erhoben (als „Bachich von Recina“)

Religionsbekenntnis: römisch-katholisch

Vater: Johannes Bachich, Gutsbesitzer
Mutter: Paschalia, geb. Chierego

02.02.1895 Heirat in Trsat bei Fiume mit Dionysia, geb. Jakovčić (Susak bei Fiume, 24.08.1873 - 02.09.1949), Tochter des Gutsbesitzers Dionys Jakovčić
03.07.1896 Geburt des Sohnes Willi
17.05.1899 Geburt des Sohnes Ivo (+ 09.03.1954 in Lima-Pueblo Libre/Peru)

Grabstelle auf dem Friedhof Rijeka-Trsat

Regards

WilliSaenger
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: 01 Jan 2009 20:39

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by WilliSaenger » 26 Jun 2021 14:04

The death date for Generalmajor Rudolf Hermanny-Miksch is most certainly wrong. He was president of the Kaiserschuetzen-Bund in the Tyrol and in this function wrote a letter in 1930 to the Tiroler Landesregierung. I think, he must habe been alive then :-)

User avatar
JakeV
Member
Posts: 1242
Joined: 06 Apr 2010 13:14
Location: Greece

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by JakeV » 29 Jun 2021 13:04

WilliSaenger wrote:
26 Jun 2021 14:04
The death date for Generalmajor Rudolf Hermanny-Miksch is most certainly wrong. He was president of the Kaiserschuetzen-Bund in the Tyrol and in this function wrote a letter in 1930 to the Tiroler Landesregierung. I think, he must habe been alive then :-)
I fail to see how that conflicts with a death date of 01.01.1964, which was originally posted (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=238103&p=2166306&h ... y#p2166306), and which was announced in the Amtsblatt der Landeshauptstadt Innsbruck Nr. 1/1964.

Regards

WilliSaenger
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: 01 Jan 2009 20:39

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by WilliSaenger » 18 Aug 2021 17:30

Ok, I only saw this one:

HERMANN von HERRENALB Kurt Ing. (+10.07.1936, Mödling), 03.04.1922 Generalmajor d.R.
HERMANNY Rudolf (vormals Miksch) (Wien, 21.12.1874) , 27.02.1925 Generalmajor d.R.
HERRMANN Otto (1870 - 1923), 25.06.1919 Konteradmiral

User avatar
VJK
Member
Posts: 4734
Joined: 07 Apr 2002 15:50
Location: Riga, Latvia

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by VJK » 18 Aug 2021 18:40

The "27.02.1925 Generalmajor d.R." refers to the date of his promotion, not the date of death.

Kind regards,

VJK

User avatar
Frech
Forum Staff
Posts: 2276
Joined: 08 Oct 2005 08:27
Location: Austria

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Frech » 18 Aug 2021 20:32

sorry, useless post - deleted...

User avatar
Markgraf
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: 07 Feb 2022 13:30
Location: Hungary

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Markgraf » 07 Feb 2022 14:14

Hi Gentlemen,

I saw this earlier post:
Generalmajor Karl Hermann Arthur Magerl (Edler von Kouffheim)
* 06.06.1871 in Zara/Dalmarien

Eltern: k.k. Hauptmann Karl Magerl & Ernestine, geb. Kouff

verh. mit Anna, geb. [?] (* 1884 in Kaschau); 1 Sohn: Karl (* 1908 in Kaschau)

1943/44 wohnhaft in Graz, Panoramagasse 48
Karl Magerl died in 1941. He was the pneultimate commander of the IR 12. The regimental monument inaugurated on 1941.06.01. Komárom. He was not present.

Two weeks after the ceremony, his family communicated his death to the IR 12. veterans association. He died just before the ceremony, but the family didn't want to owershadow the event.

Regards

M

Melax
Member
Posts: 312
Joined: 22 Aug 2020 18:00
Location: Germany

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Melax » 28 Jul 2022 15:04

JakeV wrote:
07 Nov 2018 20:30

__________________________________________
Generalmajor Friedrich Langer
* 28.07.1871 in Wieserfeld bei Steyr
† 1961

Eltern: Waffenfabrik-Bureauchef Carl Langer & Maria, geb. Langs

12.07.1919 Heirat in Wien mit Anna, geb. Quidenus, gesch. Lorenz (* 08.06.1877 in Wien)

Verstorbenensuche Wien even has a photo of his grave, to spare a trip to the Zentralfriedhof, but it doesn't contain exact dates. He was buried on 05.06.1961.
__________________________________________
Hi,

is this "Friedrich Langer" the same wo was in 1917 Oberstleutnant and Kommandeur Feldjägerbataillon Nr.1 ?

thanks and kind regards,
Alexander
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Frech
Forum Staff
Posts: 2276
Joined: 08 Oct 2005 08:27
Location: Austria

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Frech » 28 Jul 2022 16:26

Melax wrote:
28 Jul 2022 15:04
JakeV wrote:
07 Nov 2018 20:30

__________________________________________
Generalmajor Friedrich Langer
* 28.07.1871 in Wieserfeld bei Steyr
† 1961

Eltern: Waffenfabrik-Bureauchef Carl Langer & Maria, geb. Langs

12.07.1919 Heirat in Wien mit Anna, geb. Quidenus, gesch. Lorenz (* 08.06.1877 in Wien)

Verstorbenensuche Wien even has a photo of his grave, to spare a trip to the Zentralfriedhof, but it doesn't contain exact dates. He was buried on 05.06.1961.
__________________________________________
Hi,

is this "Friedrich Langer" the same wo was in 1917 Oberstleutnant and Kommandeur Feldjägerbataillon Nr.1 ?

thanks and kind regards,
Alexander
Yes. it´s him.

Regards

Christian

Melax
Member
Posts: 312
Joined: 22 Aug 2020 18:00
Location: Germany

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Melax » 28 Jul 2022 17:16

Thanks Christian :)

Tiglatpalassar
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: 27 Dec 2017 08:29
Location: Russia

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Tiglatpalassar » 22 Oct 2022 12:12

Colleagues. Is there an exact list of generals of the Republic of Austria (1920-1938) with the dates of rank assignment? Previously, there was such a topic, but it was closed because the lists were very confusing. I am grateful in advance.

Tiglatpalassar
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: 27 Dec 2017 08:29
Location: Russia

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Tiglatpalassar » 22 Oct 2022 12:35

And you can also learn more about: GM SCHUBERT Leopold (Deschna, 18.08.1875)?

User avatar
Frech
Forum Staff
Posts: 2276
Joined: 08 Oct 2005 08:27
Location: Austria

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Frech » 24 Oct 2022 07:09

Tiglatpalassar wrote:
22 Oct 2022 12:12
Colleagues. Is there an exact list of generals of the Republic of Austria (1920-1938) with the dates of rank assignment? Previously, there was such a topic, but it was closed because the lists were very confusing. I am grateful in advance.
Yes, it´s here:

https://www.militaria.at/Book.aspx?book ... anguage=de

Regards

Christian

Tiglatpalassar
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: 27 Dec 2017 08:29
Location: Russia

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Tiglatpalassar » 24 Oct 2022 07:16

Frech wrote:
24 Oct 2022 07:09
Tiglatpalassar wrote:
22 Oct 2022 12:12
Colleagues. Is there an exact list of generals of the Republic of Austria (1920-1938) with the dates of rank assignment? Previously, there was such a topic, but it was closed because the lists were very confusing. I am grateful in advance.
Yes, it´s here:

https://www.militaria.at/Book.aspx?book ... anguage=de

Regards

Christian
Thanks. A good book. Only there you can view the first 10 pages, alas.

User avatar
Frech
Forum Staff
Posts: 2276
Joined: 08 Oct 2005 08:27
Location: Austria

Re: Life dates of k.u.k. and Bundesheer officers

Post by Frech » 24 Oct 2022 07:35

Tiglatpalassar wrote:
24 Oct 2022 07:16
Frech wrote:
24 Oct 2022 07:09
Tiglatpalassar wrote:
22 Oct 2022 12:12
Colleagues. Is there an exact list of generals of the Republic of Austria (1920-1938) with the dates of rank assignment? Previously, there was such a topic, but it was closed because the lists were very confusing. I am grateful in advance.
Yes, it´s here:

https://www.militaria.at/Book.aspx?book ... anguage=de

Regards

Christian
Thanks. A good book. Only there you can view the first 10 pages, alas.
Militaria-Verlag will be pleased if you would buy it...

The list with the dates of rank has an extent of more than 70 pages.

Regards

Christian

Return to “Austria-Hungary 1867–1918”