Film critics name 'The Pianist' film of the year...

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Dan W.
Financial supporter

Film critics name 'The Pianist' film of the year...

Post by Dan W. » 05 Jan 2003 18:25

Director Roman Polanski ( news)'s Holocaust drama "The Pianist" claimed four awards including best picture and best director from The National Society of Film Critics ( news - web sites) on Saturday as the movie industry heads toward its top awards, the Oscars ( news - web sites), in March.

The influential critics group also named the film's star, Adrien Brody ( news), who portrays a Jewish pianist in Warsaw who escapes the Nazi death camps during World War II, as the year's best actor and gave "Pianist" writer Ronald Harwood the honor for top screenplay.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=18 ... fo&intl=us

Mike R

Post by Mike R » 07 Jan 2003 05:19

Finally saw a trailer for it on television today. Certainly looks interesting, wonder how widespread it will be in theaters?

-Mike

Dan W.
Financial supporter

Post by Dan W. » 08 Jan 2003 08:48

I can only hope the hoopla surrounding it will cause it to end up in Central Illinois. The Greyzone never even made it, and it was full of recognizable Hollywood names.

I do believe The Pianist will see widespread release, considering it called possibly a Oscar winner.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 08 Jan 2003 10:16

Thats interesting I have never heard of the film. Oh well guess popular film is not part of the judging format.

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”