Hearts of Iron

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
White_Trader

Hearts of Iron

Post by White_Trader » 27 Dec 2002 02:28

I just finished the first game in the favour of the AXI-s :) .. The game went totally different as the things were in real life. I was italy and together with germany we anexed Russia the I (italy) anexed England and a lot smaller countries. For ten years we the axis got more than 700 points from our provinces while allies lost all their provinces and there were 300 neutral (including USA and Japan). It would be intresting if in the reality Italy would anex the most of Africa,asia and oceania and the british island

did anyone other try this game? How did u finish the game and what were your Technological skills when u finished the game? How many divisions? In the end of the game I had around 100 divisions and I controlled around 15 other divisions from canada and sowth africa (nations with puppet regimes)

Toivo

Post by Toivo » 27 Dec 2002 13:46

Hello
I played this game alot while had no work to worry about nor internet (last two weeks). Just got game by then. As v1.0 was VERY buggy and many features didn't work, I played only with "easy settings" (now got patch and will start new game with harder settings).
I played Soviet first but game crashed totally on certain date 1942 so...:(
But I was able to finish game as Germany.
Research-system is nice although creating ballistic missiles with nuclear weapons attached takes a while;)
Since it was "easy settings" it looks like cheating but it's very good to learn game mechanics (rather than starting off with realisitc settings).
I'll start soon new game with 1.02 patch, probably as Axis because it has greatest choises in war, and maybe then post review.
Great game but could use improvements.

Regards

tobbe

Post by tobbe » 27 Dec 2002 15:10

There is already a thread about this game.

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 28 Dec 2002 17:16

Yes I play the game a lot and I was one of the first to buy it on it's release date. You say the US was neutral? That's odd they are always at war with me, when I play as Germany.

Whenever I play Italy I get beaten in Ethiopia, which I find unfair because the armies in Ethiopia at the time had basically sticks, stones, and some outdated guns versus the Italian fairly up-to-date Army. And then I stall myself in Yugoslavia.

I got ballistic missles by 1945, which gave me two years to nuke the US's eastern coast from Bermuda. The only mistake I did in that game was make France sovereign; I liked seeing my gray everywhere. :)

When I invaded Russia it was very easy, all I had to do was capture the major cities; Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, and a couple others, and then Stalin sues for peace. Invading Britain was easy. My one division beat off 45 British ones! Maybe because my was at full health and their's wasn't.
Regards,
Zachary :)

White_Trader

Post by White_Trader » 29 Dec 2002 00:36

when i invaded GB as italian there were 200 divisions in GB. I had around 15-17 divisions wich fucked 200 english militiadivisions. the only problem in the english war is that there are no supllys and the war has to bo very fast or else you loose your divisions.

I never got to the ballistic missles (v1 and V2) but i got near the nukebomb because i prioritised the nuklear reserch . But italians dont have much industrial capacity. I had 700 IC wich was not enough. (200 suplies 70-80 food 100 production and the rest reserch)

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”