Blitzkrieg- Another WWII Game

Discussions on WW2 and pre-WW2 related movies, games, military art and other fiction.
Zachary

Blitzkrieg- Another WWII Game

Post by Zachary » 05 Nov 2002 00:34

This game in my opinion looks great! It's based on Cossacks though I duno't know if many of you have heard of that. It's coming out in March. You can play either Germans, Russians, or Allied though you cannot build ships/boats. I find that odd since they have a D-Day scenario. Here's the offical site

http://www.cdv-blitzkrieg.de/

Here's a screenshot-http:[img]//www.cdv-blitzkrieg.de/screenshots/image ... ot0109.jpg[/img]

And here's a fansite which has more screenshots. I'm not the advertising site but because I'm a member of their forum I say that it's good and worth joining.
Regards,
Zachary

Zachary

Post by Zachary » 05 Nov 2002 00:36

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 05 Nov 2002 00:38

They've promised me personally they'd make the names right - but they still name the Sd.Kfz. 234/2 'Puma' :cry:

Also, one of the screenshots show Tigers, Panthers and Ferdinands together at Kursk. Double- :cry:

Oh, well - I'll still get it once it's out!

Christian

Toivo

Post by Toivo » 08 Nov 2002 14:36

It's not like Cossacks but very much same, it's rather like Sudden Strike-serie, same company (CDV) too. But engine is compleatly new I read, hybrid of 2D/3D especially for this game. I like looks and I like explanations why there ain't some things (like capturing tanks/vechiles which was very unrealistic in Sudden Strike).
About Puma ... well, they have it in all other games too, guess they love it :lol:
Will definately get it too, no matter what this game lacks.

ISU-152

Post by ISU-152 » 19 Nov 2002 17:19

ErikHolm wrote:It's not like Cossacks but very much same, it's rather like Sudden Strike-serie, same company (CDV) too.
CDV only provides a localized version of both games. Sudden Strike is made by russian team Fireglow and Blitzkrieg is being produced by russian Nival. Check their sight. The game is claimed to be absolutely amazing. Let's wait and see.
http://www.nival.ru/eng/blitzkrieg_info.html

Toivo

Post by Toivo » 19 Nov 2002 22:25

Thanks for pointing that out ISU-152 :D I knew that russian team was behind game but thought CDV had more to do with it than just localizing. And thus didn't check russian site. Very nice info there.
By the way, will Blitzkrieg use same or familiar 2D/3D hybrid engine as WarCommander? (just asking because this info is probably somewhere but I have no time to seek this out 8O ).
Regards

ISU-152

Post by ISU-152 » 20 Nov 2002 12:22

I guess it will be like in Sudden Strike (isometry 2D). Check out the screenshots from the game.

Regards

Return to “Movies, games & other fiction”