Kriegsmarine fp-number please help

Discussions on Axis documents, postcards, posters and other paper items as well as feldpost numbers.
MrMiler

Kriegsmarine fp-number please help

Post by MrMiler » 26 Dec 2017 00:42

Hello.

I found a Kriegsmarine helmet in a barn i Norway. The farm was occupied by the germans during the war.

The helmet is named to F. Puhle and has the numbers 7038 M written on the leather. The first two numbers I´m a little bit unsure of. It could be 9038 M, 4038 M or something like that also. The 38 I am 95% sure of the M I´m 100% sure of.

The location of the farm suggest that the soldier was connected to the Kriegsmarine near Kristiansand on the southern coast of Norway.

Can anyone please help me out with the correct Fp-number? I only seem to find KM Fp.numbers with the M in front of the numbers. Not after. But this most definitely is a KM helmet.

Also, If anyone know if it´s possible to track down the soldier F. Puhle I would be extremely grateful.

All the best,
MrMiler.

hucks216

Re: Kriegsmarine fp-number please help

Post by hucks216 » 26 Dec 2017 10:10

Feldpost numbers have five digits, not four. That might be his intake number when he joined the Kriegsmarine. Can you show a photo of the writing?

MrMiler

Post by MrMiler » 26 Dec 2017 11:59

hucks216 wrote:Feldpost numbers have five digits, not four. That might be his intake number when he joined the Kriegsmarine. Can you show a photo of the writing?
Thank you for taking the time to answer me. There could of course be a number in the front that is not possible to read.
Here is a photo. The same name "Puhle" is painted on the inside of the helmet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MrMiler

Post by MrMiler » 26 Dec 2017 21:44

I can´t remember where I read it, but I recall someone saying that an "M" behind the fp-number was normally used on a smaller unit. Is this correct?

All and any input in my search is appreciated!

MrMiler

Post by MrMiler » 28 Dec 2017 08:55

No one?

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 28 Dec 2017 09:50

Without any confirmation as to whether there is another number at the front it isn't possible to confirm if it is a Feldpost number or his enrolment number. You could try searching through the FpNr database on this site using the 4 numbers you have by going through each section of FpNr's and seeing if anything comes up that matches the KM but other than that there is no other way of narrowing it down.

MrMiler

Post by MrMiler » 28 Dec 2017 10:10

Thank you for getting back to me. I have done just that. Gone through the possible combinations in the fp number database in this site.

My problem is that not all possible hits clearly indicates if it's a marine unit or not. Not to me anyway as I don't have enough knowledge on how to read fp number lists.

I was hoping that someone could narrow it down. I know there is a book on Kriegsmarine fp numbers (Kannapin). And knowing this is a KM helmet and the location where it was found I believe we should be able to narrow the search quite considerably. Don't you agree?

emo155

Post by emo155 » 28 Dec 2017 20:11

Excuse me that I put my question here on this topic but I can not find the right one
Can you tell me what the soldier is in the picture?
https://imgur.com/a/Cvf7X

emo155

Post by emo155 » 28 Dec 2017 20:13

Excuse me that I put my question here on this topic but I can not find the right one
Can you tell me what the soldier is in the picture?
https://imgur.com/a/Cvf7X

Return to “Axis Documents, Feldpost numbers, Postcards & Other Paper Items”