- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Jun 2020 23:23
- Location: Bavaria
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 29 Sep 2012 08:33
In summer 1945, most of the large formations were occupying southwest Germany.
My guess is that there were logistical and administrative activities in Strasbourg immediately after the war, and possibly regularized FFI units.
I'll look in a volume I have about the FFI units to see if I spot anything about units in Strasbourg.
ETA. Saw the following mentions in Volume VI of Les Grandes Unités Françaises.
1. 23d Infantry Regiment from 8 September until 18 October.
2. Command post and one battalion of 26th Infantry Regiment from late July through early September.
3. 8th Artillery Regiment from 17 July 1945 through 16 April 1946.
4. Elements of the 153d Engineer Regiment during the entire summer.
Also appears Strasbourg was where the headquarters of the Xe Région Militaire was located.