- Posts: 175
- Joined: 02 May 2022 12:14
- Location: USA
1) The Warsaw Uprising of August 1944 would not have been crushed....
2) The reestablishement of Polish goverment In exhile in London in warsaw....
3) A Ciil war breaks out between the Pro western Poles In exhile and the Pro eastern Poles...backed by Stalin
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 25 Feb 2013 20:23
2) Can't see how. That would imply an area of Poland that had not yet been overrun by the Red Army could be captured from the Germans and held by the parachute brigade and armoured division. Given that an entire parachute DIVISION in addition to the Polish Parachute Brigade proved unable to capture and hold one end of a bridges for more than a week and within spitting distance of its supply bases, suggests this at the extreme range of aerial supply is pie in the sky. And even if, by some miracle, it could be achieved, the Soviets would steamroller over this tiny rump, hardly noticing it.
3) Not a chance. There would simply be a war between a Polish para brigade, a Polish armoured division sans any means of supply and a few thousand volunteers with hand guns at best, against the Red Army. The 'pro-eastern' puppets were merely a token in all of this.