Seeking someone whom may know something about these.

Discussions on other First and Second World War militaria and collecting in general. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
eegisme

Seeking someone whom may know something about these.

Post by eegisme » 05 Jul 2022 22:08

Greetings,

My father just pasted away and he inherited the below from his father whom was in Normandy, Northern Frace, Ardennes, Rhineland and Central Europe under battles and campaigns on his DD214. I of course inherited them from my father. I dont know how he obtained them but was wondering if this is just stuff he purchased or are they authentic war memorabilia. I have tried to do searches on the net and have found similar things but nothing that actually matches what I now have.

upload photos online

Hans1906

Re: Seeking someone whom may know something about these.

Post by Hans1906 » 06 Jul 2022 10:57

Hi eegisme, welcome to the AHF! :welcome:

two nice originals, the number 1 the typical "Eickhorn" so-called "Ausgehbajonett", also called "Ausgehseitengewehr also
Extra-Seitengewehr," etc.
".

Google photo link: https://www.google.com/search?q=eickhor ... era&hs=mBQ

Quite valuable due to the blade etching, definitely rare, and in very good condition.

* Thanks also for the memory of your father, those are the fine details that put such pieces in a good light. :milwink:

Hans
P.S. Please post better photos of the blade etching here, unfortunately your photos are too bad to see anything,
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 06 Jul 2022 12:21

Marking ' Mi ', on SA dagger cross guard is a code for SA-Gruppe Mitte ( Magdeburg ).
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 06 Jul 2022 12:41

Gebrüder Heller / Schmalkalden: http://www.dg.de/de/hersteller/Heller-G ... hmalkalden

Hans
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

eegisme

Post by eegisme » 11 Jul 2022 01:55

Thanks! I will work on getting better photos in a few days, I have a few VA appointments. Do you have any recommendations for what image place to use. I dont use forums often and I see when I click on some photos by others it enlarges but mine take me right to the site I used.

Return to “Other WW1 & WW2 Militaria”